Monday, June 16, 2008

'twas the night before departure...

Greetings to all you bloggers, Chamber Choir fans, family members, friends, and anyone else left behind. I can't believe we are finally leaving, but ready or not, here we go! As I anticipate the morning that is quickly approaching, my biggest concern is, "what am i forgetting?" However, judging by the shear bulk of my bag(s), I'd say I got it all!

We depart from PDX tomorrow at 1:05pm, however, we start our waiting at 10am, as we like to make sure that we are not leaving anyone behind and because we know that large groups move slowly. This morning I spent a significant amount of time loading movies and new music onto my ipod, so hopefully I will be well entertained during our long periods of waiting. One of the movies is "Meet the Spartans." Anyone seen that? Looks pretty funny to me! But, I will let you know in a future blog...

This is my 4th time to Europe with a big group, but still I get nervous. You just never know quite what to expect. But I have no doubt everything will go off without a hitch! We have a great group this year, a challenging and engaging set of music, and the best leadership we could ever ask for with Dr Zielke and Nikki as our guides. Lets hope Germany is ready for what's coming, 'cause it's on! and we are bringing the heat!!

Thanks in advance for taking the time to follow us along on our journeys. I look forward to updating you all again shortly, from the other side of the world!

all the best,

Brice Cloyd
OSU Chamber Choir President '07-'08

4 comments:

osuchamberchoir said...

one more thing... as time allows, i hope to be uploading some photos of our travels. all the more reason you should visit this site frequently!

Brice

Jen said...

yay I'm stoked to follow yall's journey. post often :)

Dot said...

I'll be checking in on you guys. Safe & happy travels. Erin

Unknown said...

I hope you all have an incredible trip and you all sing and play hard....this will definately be a trip you will remember for life! ENJOY EVERY MINUTE!!! (And drink a beer for me!!!)