Monday, June 30, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Well, our musical adventure has come to an end and at least some of us are back safe at home. More than half the choir elected for extended stay in Europe and are now fanning out throughout the EU for their own private travel (Larkin, say Hi to the Pope for me). Travel home was uneventful and comfortable, with the same bad food we had on the way (Lufthaza! What has happened to your food?!?) and similar fare in movies (steady diet of weeper relationship films). We were forced to leave Rebecca behind for her own adventure, but that is another story entirely!


To the choir, I would like to thank you for such an incredible trip and such wonderful concerts. I will never forget the concert in Freiburg at the Christuskirche. It will be a musical memory I will hold forever. Furthermore, I have never been prouder of you than I was with your presentation at the Bebenhausen Monastary. You represented Oregon State and the United States very very well and I thank you for your spirit, passion, and your incredible talent. I am in awe of what you have done this year.

To our hosts I would like to offer my grateful appreciation to each of you for making our visit such a great time. Martin in Schorndorf, Tobias and Silvia in Tuebingen, Andreas, Johannes, and Jörg in Freiburg, and Kay and Sabeth in Stuttgart. You were all terrific and made our journey a joy.

I would also like to thank all our well-wishers, supporters, and donors who made our trip possible and followed us along the way. We certainly sing for you!

I have added a few of my memories of the trip below. Enjoy.

Keep singing!
Steve Zielke

A car at the Mercedes museum. Why couldn't we have traveled Germany in this?

Nicki at the Ludwigsburg Castle.













John Kluttz cheering for Deutschland!










Man the cannon!


No comments: